I’ve spent my money.

The papers that came with my delightful kitties indicated that it was time for their new shots in October. Clearly it is no longer October, but better late than never. On Friday morning Ken graciously drove me and the cats to the vet, where we waited for an hour then saw the vet. While waiting for the vet we had the opportunity to observe the patrons. There was a very sick bulldog who was very friendly and very cute looking, but who appeared to have massive quantities of bubbles in his lungs and would cough up a bunch on the floor every couple of minutes. There was a 4 month old rottweiler puppy who was pretty much the sweetest, cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Finally, a man came in with a dog shaped like a blimp. It was some small corgi-esqe dog which was so round and fat that the legs literally stuck out at angles. It was coming in to get its toenails clipped. Apparently when you’re that fat you can’t walk around and wear down your own toenails.

Anyway, after two vet exams, two treatment for ear mites, a tube of ointment for Tesla’s ears where she scratches them to bits because of the ear mites, four shots, and 5 extra ear-mite/tick/worm/everything-parasitic-that-could-possibly-go-wrong-with-a-cat-treatments (Revolution), the total bill came to $214. Guess that solves what I’m going to do with that money I was pondering how to spend! If I add my birthday and Christmas money from my grandparents to that unexpected money, it almost covers the vet bill. Yay! Ah well, the shots are good for 3 years, so hopefully the ear mites will clear up and we’ll be good to go for a while. Grumble grumble. I also just paid for the pet sitting over my vacation.

Then, in the weirdest coincidence of all, we saw the VERY VET WHO TREATED THE CATS at Tommy’s on Saturday at 3:30 in the afteroon. The vet clinic is on the other side of downtown. It’s a good 20 minute drive from here. Tommy’s is a restraunt which is about a third of a mile walk from my apartment, and they have the very best shakes/malts in the world, so Ken took me there for my belated birthday dessert. We went at 3:30 in the afternoon, which is not exactly a normal time to be eating lunch. Yet there was the vet, a person I had just met the day before. How weird is that?


0 Responses to “I’ve spent my money.”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

January 2009
« Dec   Feb »


%d bloggers like this: